6.18.2011

wine of the night: 2000 Lopez de Heredia Vina Tondonia Rosado

I'm so exited to share this wine with you tonight. I do not typically drink rosé wines, but this rosé is special. It's dry, crisp and has a great character to enjoy by itself. I paired the rosé with a cheese and cracker plate, but I actually preferred it alone. Orange and mineral tones are apparent with subtle flavors that seem to be ever changing the longer it's in my glass. 

Not only is this rosé outstanding and beautiful in color, but the Lopez winery does not release their wines until ready to be consumed (usually it's at least 10 years). As a typical New Yorker with a hot, 300 square foot apartment, I don't purchase wine to store it and drink years later. I appreciate a winery that ages the wine and doesn't put a bottle on the shelf until it should be there The wine is also produced using natural and organic methods.


2 comments:

  1. Meg. How much was the Rose per bottle? A 2000 vintage sounds expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was $26. Not too bad; truly a great value!

    ReplyDelete