6.26.2011

wine of the night: 2007 Vignoble Guillaume Pinot Noir



One of the great things about having a dark, 100+ year old root cellar to store wine is that every once in a while a bottle of something you thought you were out of, is found. Of course, I do not have the luxury of having my own root cellar in Brooklyn, but I can share in the excitement of uncovering the once lost and forgotten wines at my parents' house in Pennsylvania.

This makes the wine of the night a 2007 Vignoble Guillaume Pinot Noir, recently found in the depths of said cellar (a photo of the cellar would have been nice- I'll try for one in the upcoming months!). Although not typically a huge fan of Pinot Noir, I love this Pinot! It's a crisp and tart wine with intense raspberry. A really nice wine for summer afternoons, like right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment