6.12.2011

wine of the night: south african chardonnay

The other day I attended a wine class called Chardonnay; Old World vs. New World held by Chelsea Wine Vault. I haven't been to a class here before, but I will be back. The instructor, Sarah, was fantastic,  bringing a tremendous amount of wine knowledge to a very intrigued class. The venue was welcoming and the six tastings were more like six full glasses of wine. I felt almost as if I were at a dinner party (sans dinner) with others who enjoyed drinking and discussing wine as much as I do.

The mix of Chardonnays served highlighted the grape's many diverse styles. One of my favorites of the group was the 2010 Glenelly Glass Collection Chardonnay from the Stellenbosch region of South Africa. Much like a Chenin Blanc from the same region (one of my favorite wines!), it was balanced with hints of melon and citrus, lemon flavors. I look forward to drinking this while relaxing in the summer sun.

2010 Glenelly Glass Collection Chardonnay; $14.99

1 comment:

  1. this sounds like a Chardonnay that I would like to try. I wonder if I can find it in a Pennsylvania Wine & Spirits store?

    ReplyDelete